Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Supporting Students in Grief: Elementary School

It is with a heavy heart that I compiled a list of resources for working with students dealing with loss. My school community has experienced two losses in a very short amount of time. As we prepared for the return of two students following the loss of a parent, I was asked to compile resources to share with the staff and others who needed guidance. Additionally, we have a few students who we consider at-risk as they have experienced a significant loss recently and would need additional support. 

Thankfully, I had the resources of the National Association of School Psychologists at my fingertips. It is an incredible resource and worth every penny spent on a membership. They have handouts, position statements, and information available on a wide range of topics at the click of the mouse.

I hope that some of these resources are helpful in the case that you also have to support students during a time of loss and grief. 

Until next thyme, 
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment